P Plate Piano
P Plate Piano is a series of three bright, colourful piano books for beginner pianists who have completed their ﬁrst tutor.
The books are designed to complement the teacher’s existing teaching methods and provide perfect preparation for AMEB Preliminary Piano or Preliminary Piano for Leisure. Optional non-graded assessments are available from AMEB at the end of each book. The books feature stunning artwork, fun activities and informative text written by nationally respected music educator, Elissa Milne.
Students of P Plate Piano can now present for an assessment by video.
- The candidate prepares for a P Plate Piano assessment in accordance with the guidelines.
- A teacher, parent or sibling may participate in the assessment, performing one of the optional duet parts with the candidate.
- A teacher, parent or older sibling sets up the recording equipment.
- Other family members could form an audience for the ‘concert’.
- At the beginning of the recording, the candidate introduces him/herself and announces each piece, before playing it. (The announcements replace the conversation between the examiner and candidate in the face-to-face P Plate Piano assessment.)
- A written report and certificate will be mailed to the enrolling person after the examiner has reviewed the recording.
- On completing P Plate Piano Book 3 the candidate will be awarded their personally named P Plate Piano ‘licence’ card.
Click here for P Plate Piano assessment guidelines
Click here for information on how to record a Video Repertoire grade examination.
Click here for Video Repertoire exam enrolment procedures